Wednesday, April 4, 2018

In harmony there is success.


I love this Van Gogh quote because it captures Vincent’s essence as an artist:

“Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on earth to do with such passion and such intensity that becomes spiritual in calling.”

I’m passionate about what I do, but I realize that in passion, in that intensity, there must also be harmony. There must be an ease and delight in what we do, we should feel effortless and not tortured.

A spiritual calling is one created out of love. We should love what we do with a passion, and strive for harmony as we balance what we do for a paycheck with what calls to our souls.

As we profess our passion, our intensity and excitement must be balanced with times of quietude, of inner reflection. I love finding connections with what I do as a spirit artist in the wide world around me, reading and writing and speaking with others about what we love about mediumship.

In tonight’s drop-in circle, we’ll discuss what makes for a successful link and practice with mindfulness and harmony (along with passion and intensity!). I look forward to what develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment