Thursday, February 4, 2016

Why go direct?

If you focus on the face...



If you are a medium, you are likely to have heard the phrase “throwing it out there.” It’s a funny thing to say about spirit communication, when you think about it, as it sounds like a show-biz term-- one so casual and blasé that it makes our work with Spirit seem inconsequential.

“Throw out” also means getting rid of something...not the image I’d want to project when delivering words from a loved one in Spirit.

Our society places a premium on captivating an audience’s attention span, and public demonstrations of mediumship tend to require some entertainment value. 

That’s great, who wants to be bored? However, I feel that those mediums who “throw out” the information about a spirit communicator are doing a disservice to mediumship.

The demonstration of survival affirms that life has no end. How do mediums do that? Simply by communicating with the so-called dead.

Hmm...maybe it’s too simple?

Maybe those who link with Spirit and “throw out” the information gleaned from their spirit communicator want to be seen in control, like a master of ceremonies. They call out a list of descriptors that the audience must pay attention to in order to see if anything rings a bell. The audience is then hanging on to every word, thinking, “Could this be for me?”

It’s as if the “throw out” medium’s doorbell rings, s/he looks through the keyhole and says, “I’ve a man here in his thirties, or possibly forties? He looks like he could be a friend or a cousin...maybe a co-worker, because he has a pen in his shirt pocket...but he’s wearing sweatpants and sneakers...to me, this means he probably liked to jog…”

Each audience member is searching their memories for such a fellow! How empowering that must feel for the “throw out” medium. But wait...most must immediately lose interest because no thirty-something-co-worker-slash-cousin-jogger comes to mind.

After a few minutes of offering such bits of information, the medium asks the audience if anyone can “take this gentleman?” In essence, the medium has now turned away from the keyhole and called into the building’s public address system to announce this visitor. When a few hands fly up, the spirit communicator now must cool his heels as the medium regurgitates information to winnow away the possible takers.

After the spirit is claimed by a recipient, a list of more facts is offered and the medium explains (finally!) why the spirit communicator has jogged over from the hereafter in the first place.

I don’t know about you, but this is what happens when I have a visitor:

There is a knocking on the door, I open the door and my eyes fall upon my visitor’s face. I say, “Hello, how can I help you?” and my visitor will tell me their purpose, perhaps using their hands (the condition of which I take note). Being physically close on the threshold, I am able to describe the visitor’s face and feel their emotions. I hear what they have to say and do not add my own perceptions to their message. What they say is not for me, anyway.


...soon the spirit person will be identified....

Working as a “direct” medium, I blend my energy as closely as I can with a spirit’s energy so that I become that person. Going directly to the recipient, I am able to clarify the spirit “at my door” with the recipient they name within a minute.

My hope is that when I speak for the spirit person, their unique personality comes through and the time can be better spent in chatting about the reason they came in the first place.

Now, that’s cool...how much more compelling can that be, to watch a medium express the individuality and heartfelt messages from a discarnate person, a spirit with so much passion that they used their energy to project emotions on the medium’s consciousness?

Go direct and let the language of spirit speak for itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment