Monday, October 16, 2017

Three tips to try out remote mediumship.

Tip #2 in progress...it doesn't look so weird!

Spiritual energy is non-local, meaning it doesn’t matter if you’re in the same room with the recipient you’re working with or thousands of miles away. We are all a part of the same Awareness, so it’s only natural to be able to access the modulations of energy that we call spirit communicators, and allow their emotions to slightly overshadow us.

(Overshadowing is a very light trance state, so we may act or be lead to do things that relate to the Spirit communicator. Unless directed by Spirit, closing your eyes is not recommended, because it’s a bit rude to your sitter and because Spirit may want your eyes to land on something relevant to the sitter.)

Body language can be distracting. If I do a reading for someone who is sitting before me, either face-to-face or via the web, I tend to slightly avert my eyes, use a soft focus and allow my clairs free rein to connect with the sitter’s communicator.

If I’m working on a portrait, my focus is usually on the page before me. I’m naturally a doodler, so even if I’m not drawing, I like to have a pen close by in case Spirit wants me to write as well.

If you’re not in the same room as the sitter and they can’t see you, and you’re directed by Spirit to act in a certain way, make sure you comment on what's happening to the sitter. For example, once I was compelled to raise my arms and wave them like a conductor. All I said was, “You’ll understand movements like a conductor...conducting a band.” The sitter recognized the movements because her father did that to marching band music he played on the stereo. He thought it was great exercise and it also proved to be great evidence!

If you are new to working remotely, here are a few tips to help you get started:

  1. Practice hanging out with a friend using Skype or Zoom in order to get the feeling of being in the same room as your sitter. No need to do a reading, just get comfortable with the feeling of communicating via the web.
  2. I love to talk to myself, so having ear buds in connected to my phone (but not listening to anything) makes me look less like a crazy person! Try it sometime. Simply sit and speak about the images you’re getting through your clairs, like describing what you’re seeing in a video. This will help you practice making connections without another physical body present.
  3. Facebook groups for budding mediums sometimes offer circles via chat. This is usually a very welcoming and low-stress way to work with Spirit but the main challenge is not being able to hear your sitter’s voice, but most of us are very comfortable with texting. If you are able to work this way, you would have no problem transitioning to phone or Skype readings.

Don’t let remote readings deter you from sharing your ability to speak with Spirit. If you try any of these tips, please let me know how it worked out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment